View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Cecily hurried to her family's estate where in the basement was a stockpile of torches and bundles of wood, specifically for emergencies such as these. A chill ran down her spine as a twig snapped behind her. She turned with her hand on her knife and a false smile on her face. That smile faded when she saw a man holding a large hammer following after her. He began speaking in strange tongues.

"I usually proc on the first hit," he said sticking his tongue out. "Particularly if it's been awhile."

Cecily was confused. A question instantly formed in her mind and faded just as quickly. She didn't care. She just wanted to get away from this strange man without being hurt. Backing off slowly and smiling again she replied, "That's really interesting. I would love to hear more, but I'm urgently needed back home, you see."

The man avoided eye contact and prattled on about things he was interested in, all the while advancing towards her. She waited for him to look at the floor again, snapped up a rock and hurled it at his head, striking his temple and knocking him unconscious. She wasn't sure of what had just happened, but there was no denying it now. The devil was afoot in Salem.
Last edited by Cecily; 09-25-2019 at 10:34 AM..