Thread: Favorite Zone
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

The Hole of course. Most amazing zone in the game.

Is massive, makes you rely on some other classes to succeed (such as evacer), faction enabled for brell rogues for easy CR and scouting, and randomized rare spawns.

It was actually created to try to encourage crawling as opposed to the standard 'camp and pull'. Original devs hated camps and didn't understand why people were satisfied staying in the same area for hours at a time.

Unfortunately, original Hole had terrible pathing and caused a lot of wipes and frustration. There was also a lack of 'big ticket items' that caused people to just burrow into Seb / HS and such.

But for EXP junkies? Amazingly beautiful. Love the use of anti-summon spells being viable, mix of undead, etc.

Very little improvements needed. I think a staging area at the beginning for folks to sit and yell for 'LFG' safely would have been nice and maybe down by the docks could have added an alligator or two for charming or some kind of lizard.

Also would have liked to see more quests involved for crawling deeper in (besides epics). Such as citizens of paineel wanting you to retrieve artifacts that were lost when their city was overtaken, etc.

But man, it is sweet as is I tell you. Masterful zone design at it's finest.