View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by August [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very good point, Estu. The formula for success is actually

MIN(SKILL - (.75*trivial) + 51.5, 95) -- this is for things w/ trivial higher than 68.

For things w/ lower than trivial of 68:

MIN(Skill - Trivial + 66, 95)

And actually that's not completely true either - you always have a 5 percent chance of success in either formula REGARDLESS of skill level.

There's always a 5 percent chance to fail or succeed, regardless of skill. It is perhaps the most heartbreaking thing about doing combines, especially when you advertise you are 'max skill' -- people don't think their combine will be the one that fails, but they invariably do -- 5% of the time.

When I was a jeweler on Fippy I sold ~200 pieces a day for awhile and you'd always see about 10 failures -- In fact when I calculate my absolute price per piece of jewelry I factor in that 5% fail rate so the 'bottom' line increases more than the actual cost of materials.
Cool, thanks for the formulas. I either didn't know or forgot that they were actually known.

By the way, Ice Comet is No Trade (confirmed this yesterday). The other level 49 wizard research spells are tradeable, though.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!