View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 05:15 PM
Kobold

@Bulzie, hey man. I remember finishing this quest about a year ago and I still recall how painful it was. Was it worth the time? I don't think so. I remember I spent a solid week and a half on this and this is playing 20+ hours each day until you're about to get physically ill or mentally unstable from the craziness of the objectives:

*Some of the tradeskills I didn't mind, for example jewelcrafting since you can sell some back to the merchant and get some money back and fletching.
*Tradeskills such as brewing and tailoring was brutal because the former, all the components you needed to collect and run back and forth from the distillery (oh man it's coming back), and the latter, the depths of hell and the plat from 150-208.
Another hurdle these days is getting the 2 required components in Siren's grotto (tooth and hide). I think they're still 2k each?
*The 75 silks in velks wasn't TOO bad. If you're on during busy hours most will let you to loot them all up not a problem.
*A little bit of luck, I remember combining the last step at tailor skill 150 instead of the required 208 and got freakin lucky. I've known those who combined at the recommended 162 and failed twice! Just gives me shudders to even thikn about it.

-other notables-
Oh yeah the fishing was bad too, I remember collecting nothing but slimy sandals for hours on end and was about to heave my laptop out the window.
And the kromrif royal blood is a good sell item but during my window no one was selling...

I think the ring quest was more tolerable than this one. And some people were saying how they spent 6k for all this? I dunno about that. I think I spent over 10k and then some and I've heard some spending way more because of failed combines and/or buying out the MQ-able parts. I wouldn't do that.