View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 04:42 PM
Fire Giant

"Another hurdle these days is getting the 2 required components in Siren's grotto (tooth and hide). I think they're still 2k each? "

The tooth is no drop so you have to be in zone to loot it. I used my 60 torp shaman and a couple Enchanter guildies over a few days trying to get one. Took over 30 kills (and a number of deaths). I was then able to swap to my Druid and loot it.

For most sane people, don't do it. I took it one step further and got my tailoring to 250. Took a few months focus and about 200k. Then I see the best tailored items you can make (Ice Burrower Armor) selling for less than the mat cost! I wanted to scream.

I am however insane and have started 5 other toons on the journey (up to shawl #3 on them).

Pro Tip: Shawl #3 can be multiquested! When someone finishes shawl #3, they get a range slot item (Seal of Thoradain). If you have no need for it, you can give that range slot to the quest NPC and the other person then turns in their shawl #2 and viola, they have shawl #3 and the Seal of Thoradain without doing any of the baking or having to farm snow griffon eggs (which sucks)!