View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 02:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The damage on a weapon you give to a summoned (or charmed) pet is irrelevant unless the damage is more than half of the max hit that thing would do normally. So like, if you give a pet summoned with a level 1 spell, that hits for 8 max normally, a 10-damage weapon, he will now hit for like 20-21 max. But his damage as a fresh summon is determined by his level/spell level, not his visible weapon or whatever. And if you gave him a 1-damage weapon, it wouldn't lower his max hits, either.

Your counter-argument doesn't hold water, because pets don't work by the same rules as PCs. A PC also won't be dual wielding if you give him a book or lantern for his offhand, but a pet does. Besides, some PCs can bash without a shield. Etc. It doesn't follow that because most (but not all) PCs need a shield to bash, then something that is not a PC needs a shield to bash.
Here's my counter-counter argument: If the damage didn't matter and was based solely on level, then why would they need to change the animaton's weapon looks in the first place? That seems like much more effort than just giving it a different weapon. I'm still holding out my theory that they are all different weapons and are all the "rusty" variety, which wouldn't naturally have that much variance in dps compared to summoned level.
Let's change views here a bit. By your account then, any dropped non-named weapon would fall off by about level 20, assuming max 9 damage to 18 which is in the level 20 range.
I should probably test this next part out myself but, can they wield/dual wield 2handers?

and just for the sake of the argument, we're 100% positive that attack delay DOES NOT effect animations right? like say a dagger vs an axe. I have notixed that quicken 'seems' to make it more lethal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To expand on this, your pet will ONLY dual wield innately at a certain level (spell level 39 maybe?).
nanda man, it's much lower than that:
"Sagar's Animation Level 24 19-23 450-700 19-26 15-17 1 Dual Wields"