View Single Post
Old 10-12-2019, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never understood why a bunch of people who have no issue with lizard people are incensed by cat people...
The lizard people look basically like bipedal lizards. Kerrans look like cats, more or less. The "cat people" are just that: They look like humans wearing a cat suit. They're disgusting. Kerrans starting in Kerra Isle would've been fine, I think.

---------------------------------------------------------

There are signs for Velious (in Erudin, no less) and I think also Kunark in-game in the old world. Those areas were intended right from the beginning and obviously shelved due to time constraints only after the main world had been built and textured. If this mythical "jarsath" continent ever existed it must have been cut very early in development because such indicators for it didn't make it into the game. This would not be unusual or unexpected. If Kunark and/or Velious had made it into the original game they would have been presumably tuned with a level 50 cap in mind. That would've solved the old world's worst problem--insufficient content. Obviously since neither had been physically built they both would have looked much different than what we eventually got, if for no other reason than they would have been built according to original texture size and polygon count limitations and using older-style trees/etc. Interesting stuff to think about on a Sunday morning.

Danth