View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys,

so ive played EQ back in the day, but never really got into it. so over the years ive played eq on/off on official but it never felt like it did back in 99/00 so i figured id give it a go on here as a friend told me about it awhile back(he since left the game again)

now comming late to the party is allways bad for someone being new, so my first question would be:

How hard is it to get started on here?

2nd question:

id like to play a healers, is that viable as a solo new players? if so what class/race would you recommend? take into account brand new no plat/gear or anything.

Thanks for yall's time and who know maybe we will grp some day [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think a lot of it comes down to how much time are you willing to dedicate in 1 sit down session?

If you are the type of player that needs to afk a lot, or can only dedicate and hour here or there, youd be better off with a solo class like necro, druid, mage, ench, monk. The issue being that it can sometimes take as much as an hour to get into a group or get a group going. If you are thinking you are somewhere in between the 2 extremes, Enchanter or Shaman is a great choice, as both can solo well and both are highly prized in group settings.

The server is also quite different now than what you experienced back in 99. While the mechanics by in large are the same, the abundance of twinked chars makes camps that normally needed a full group, only need a trio or duo. This is both good and bad IMO. Good because you dont need a full group to take on certain content, and bad for the same reason