View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do they patch exploits or introduce the list system then, or nerf things like bard aoe?

edit: I'll go further. If you support no mage pets, why do you support the list system?
Man I do not want to be on this side of the argument, and to be very clear P99 is not just about "classic mechanics, and nothing else matters". But ... for the most part that is the case.

So to answer your question ... /list is actually 100% classic, except that it relies on automation instead of requiring (volunteer) GMs to implement it. Back on live lists were absolutely a thing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunark Era GM Guide Book
8.2.3.1 The compromise will require all parties to take turns killing the spawn(s).
So the very simple answer to "why the automation and not the classic implementation" is ... because Verant had paid GMs, and we just have volunteers. And actually the AoE thing is similar: it's 100% based on classic technical limits, but also prior to it's implementation the volunteer staff was overworked dealing with fights between Bards and everyone else [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.