Thread: /melody ?
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 06:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
compared to just about any modern mmo bards aren't really pushing that many keys.
I have to agree with this - on my WoW priest raiding with apx 30 players I had to have a "healbot" add-in with half a dozen spells mapped to mouse buttons, I had to buy a 5 button mouse just to play effectively, and I was literally spamming spells non stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaramis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The lack of /melody is what is stopping me from playing Bard.
Sorry to say this but maybe you shouldn't play a bard.
/melody was introduced on live for multiboxing and since P99 has a very strict anti-multibox policy...
And besides that /melody is a bad thing since it locks you into a song rotation, bards need to be dynamic and react to changing circumstances especially when you start MEZ and Charm. Depending how many mobs you have to MEZ will change the rotation; and one resist or fizzle will break any rotation, plus you have switch back and forth between targets every 3 seconds.
You can't script a bard; One key One Song, end of.
Last edited by ezri; 07-27-2015 at 06:44 AM.. Reason: Sentence structure makes more sense.