View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its grief and hard to level up. I lose 1/2 my night from CR's, medding and recovering from the loss. Makes me wanna just say screw it and go play another game.

I would like to hear other players thoughts on bard training from swarm kiting. It's not exactly intentional training.
1. It's not griefing, that would require intent imo.
2. If you lose half your night recovering from deaths, then you need to be more careful about where you are and what you're doing.
3. Don't quit, just stop letting yourself get killed. You admit it isn't intentional, so it isn't like the bards are hunting you down and dragging mobs over you on purpose when you are fighting something that will social aggro. So just move to a spot they don't train across, or pull stuff that isn't social, or pick a new zone.

But all that aside, 4. If you die because of mobs that are aggrod on a bard aggroing you, then it IS "training" and it IS against the rules even if it was 100% unintentional. Petition it. Server rules say it is the bard's fault and that he will be punished for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean
Training
Training can be defined as the intentional manipulation of NPC Placement and Aggro in such a way that causes it to attack another player that it wouldn't have otherwise if at it's normal spawn location. The most basic form of this is "dumping" mobs near another player or party and escaping via a form of teleportation or death. Intentional or not, this is against the rules. This rule is not limited to the basic example given, as there are many different forms of training players will use. You take all responsibility for mobs that you aggro. If you are trying to escape from a pack of NPC's but there is another group in your way, do not run through them. Even if your intention is not to train them, it would inevitable cause this and you may be subject to disciplinary. It is recommended that you take the death (Your responsibility for aggroing the mobs) and request a resurrection from nearby players.

If you happen to accidentally train a group of players, please immedietely notify the staff via /petition that you have done so by accident. Apologize to the players in question, and assist them with any recovery needed. If the staff hears about your train before you tell them, intention is no longer an excuse. (Repeated unintentional trains will still result in disciplinary action).
The staff don't seem to be very forceful in applying the training rules though, except maybe when it applies to raiding situations, probably because there is so much training going on every day because no one thinks that the "i didnt do it on purpose bro, i was just trying to get to a zoneline alive" training is illegal. Just look at all the stupid fucks who train all of the outpost to SF or FM every day and then say "sorry dude, i warned you guys" or "it wasn't on purpose" if you call them out on it.

I kinda wish people would get a week suspension for training to see if people started to actually be a little careful with their shit. But I guess it's pretty hard to confirm training just by hearing two people tell one-sided stories and looking at logs. Even screenshots don't really get the story across usually, and almost no one has fraps ready to go on a moment's notice.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 08-17-2013 at 10:17 AM..