View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

Default A New Set of Norrath Maps

Ranger is by far my favorite class to play, but they can spend a lot of time LFG because people can be a little uninformed about their capabilities as pullers, tanks, and dps (and because they are outclassed by other classes). So while I was LFG, I engaged in a bit of cartography.

As nostalgic as I am for the old cloth maps, I personally never felt as though they adequately represented the game world spatially or thematically, with a classic example being Faydwer in general. Using Inkarnate, I've tried to make more detailed maps that roughly preserve the layout and orientation of zones while portraying the continent as a whole and avoiding some of the blockiness inherent in EQ zones.

Anyway, Ranger Skyris of Faydark's Champions presents:

Antonica

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Faydwer

Odus

Kunark

(Kunark, by far my favorite continent, was made a while back in an older version of the mapping software.) I'm not sure whether Velious is really worth mapping and I think that's one where I like the cloth map's representation.

Please let me know if there's something that's incorrect or you think I should change!
Last edited by Lune; 07-11-2020 at 10:48 PM..