View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 01:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksinga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love the idea of 3 teams with there being a discord team. It does appeal to both sides. The only thing I don't like is all players of the faction starting it one city. Like ogres starting in Qeynos may kill the immersion... If some one could come up with a probable solution for this i'd be cool with it. On a side note, I really love the murderer idea... I've stated before that I think the only item loot should be player ears (for bragging rights,) but it would be super cool if you loot a wanted players ear, turn it into a guard, and you get a cash reward. Would be more incentive for pvping to get cash rather than farming OOT seafuries. Overall, there wouldn't be much customization at all and the murderer idea doesn't even need to be implemented. Just could be a bonus new fun idea.
Hypothetically, you could keep it completely classic without starting everyone in one city. I just suggested the single city idea because I was coming up with ways to make it harder for the discord team.

I'm all for keeping things classic, but its possible for almost any race to get faction with any city so moving multiple races into one city shouldn't be that big of an issue. Lore wise, everything would be the same except now Freeport/Qeynos lives in fear of this new discord faction so they tolerate their presence. I wouldn't want the discord team to be kos to everyone because it could interfere with too many other things like quests, even epics.

It really just boils down to 3 teams, 2 normal, 1 ffa. No additives necessary. The people who want a team with people to help them have two options. People who want ffa have it as well, but with some disadvantages. Its really a win/win and anyone who doesn't support a ffa team on a teams server is either overly nostalgic or has ulterior motives.