View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 06:44 PM
Kobold

Post "You look like you could use a nice set of..."

~~~
(...continued):

I make exceptional time back towards the barracks, so much that I'm afforded a moment to stop at a remote inn located in East Commons for a pause. While perusing the shopkeeper's wares, he makes a casual comment saying that I could use a nice set of vambraces...

"Oh, really?"

I assume he's joking, because my current pay isn't really anywhere near enough to warrant a spending spree, but I playfully entertain his offer:

"...and what might you have in mind?"

(He brandishes an ornately decorated set of vambraces that almost resemble plate armor.)

"These."

"Given enough time, they may even make you stronger."

"What are they made of? They feel amazing..."

"Jaundiced Bone, of course..."

"...rumored to be fashioned from the very bones of Trakanon himself..."

There's no way I could afford them, and I tell him this, in a quite disappointed tone.

"Didn't I see you with two bear pelts the other day? Everfrost's highest quality, correct?"

(I nod.)

"I just may know of a buyer..."

He piques my curiosity and goes on to make a offer that I can't refuse. He offers to buy my current piece in exchange, and to bring the pelts to him quickly...

[...]

I make a hurried effort to slip into North Freeport without drawing too much attention from "the guys" and head to the bank to essentially empty my entire holdings. (If Armorer Dellin saw what I was doing, he'd be pissed!)

Some time passes as I frantically gather my bear pelts along with my entire accumulated stash of platinum, gold, silver, and copper to date. I sprint back to the inn, faster than a wolf, and hand everything over to the shopkeeper for my newfound piece of treasure...
~~~
Last edited by AkashicRecord; 10-19-2017 at 06:53 PM..