Thread: pet weapons...
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2021, 01:48 PM
Aviak

Default pet weapons...

Discussion arose amongst a guild/group recently, when I asked a mage for some summoned swords for my necro pet. Historically speaking, this was not only routine, but expected at such multi-group guild endeavors, to maximize pet dps. He would have been happy to do so, as he did give me a muzzle for said pet, but mentioned that the weapons were no longer effective. Another group member chimed in with similar notions, and so in the midst of prepping for our encounter, I let the matter go.

Upon completion of our efforts, I didn't think to raise the issue and investigate the ins/outs for more specific details, so... My question then is this: Is the ineffectiveness due to some changed mechanic within the summoned weapons themselves? Is the issue with pets no longer being able to proc the weapons? Or some other issue? Also, is this just a matter of the Mage summoned weapons, or are all (proc'ing) weapons no longer effective in the hands of a pet? (earthen blade, deadwood stave, stun whip, etc.)

Also, is this a Velious thing? or at what point did this become an issue? I know as recently as a couple of weekends ago, they were still being handed out at raids, multi-group encounters, etc. I am not a fully hardcore warrior, but I play for some time, most days, and don't seem to remember this being discussed- even amongst my fellow pet class friends.

Just curious, and wanting to know, for the sake of understanding pet damage mechanics going forward.

Thanks