View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 02:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As one of the two people from Riot who was actually part of the conversation, not a single part of this is true. AM was offering a DKP package at the time (the same one Detoxx offered everyone). The AG group still joined Riot.
Confirmed.

I was in that batch of applicants. Decided to quit raiding instead - early in the process. No pixel package was offered anyone nor did anyone receive one. We asked because AM offered one and it never hurts to ask.

Frankly, our decision was made up before hand. Happy to say I was a swaying voice in that conversation because I had first hand experience from the TMO days as to what a condescending piece of shit Detoxx is.

The thing is that most people that play this game are in their late 30s to 40s and are at least somewhat established in their careers and their lives. No one wants to be talked down to over a video game. And the people invested enough in this game to either act that way or accept that sort of treatment are probably the same people who disregard the sign and don't wash their hands before returning to work after using the restroom.