View Single Post
Old 08-05-2021, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of it doesn't, I agree.

I don't need a political conspiracy to look at what's going on and decide that I don't particularly need the shot right now. Maybe I'll change my mind later on, but I regard that as my choice to make, not Uncle Sam's. It's a near thing and the wife and I just about got the shot in March except it was shut down that day due to some snafu. I'm at elevated risk (clotting for one) of adverse reaction so some hesitation is not unwarranted. The wife has dramatically higher odds of reaction due to her own health issues to the point where her own doctor suggested she might not want to get it at all. Even then the risk is relatively minor--but the risk of death from covid is also minor. On the other hand, if folks try to force the issue, I'll fight on that principle alone. I consider that a worthy cause to fight for. I regard it as the duty of a good citizen to resist government over-reach in all its forms. This entire situation has reeked of overreach from the start.

Given the very clear over-reporting of death rate there's obviously a political angle at work with respect to this subject as well, but I can't even begin to claim to know the purpose. I don't easily adopt conspiracy theories, especially not on a global scale. Rather than some conspiracy an alternate scenario is over-reaction from governments (most of whom are run by old folks in their 60's and 70's and who hence have every right to be scared) coupled with lots of bribery from the drug producers. That's one option of many.

Danth
What over reporting of the death rate are you referring to specifically, Mr. antivax conspiracy theorist?