View Single Post
Old 08-05-2021, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hypothetically Danth, could you see how some sort of spreadable disease might make it so vaccinations aren't just about personal choice? In other words, could you imagine how one person's "personal choice" might result in someone else's death (say, because they spread the illness to someone with a weaker immune system)?

And if so, does that bother you at all, or are you just like "fuck other people: morals are about what's right for me"?

(Genuine question, not a judgment: it could still be a principled opinion if you, like some Libertarians for instance, believe on principle that we should only care about what's good for individuals.)

The thing is you’re expecting other people to subscribe to your medical beliefs. That’s the core issue. While you see vaccines as life saving and excellent preventative medicine, I see it as poison and a violation of everything I believe in. I don’t understand why you cannot take your own medicine to protect you, you need me to take it too. That’s my disconnect. By all means take whatever you want to protect you from the world, but expecting your neighbor to take your medicine too because your medicine doesn’t work unless I take it as well is completely ridiculous.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 08-05-2021 at 05:29 PM..