View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 03:02 PM
Banned

You're missing one question...

Why should the staff bother? Right now, they don't want a headache. I think both you and i, and any person who's been here raiding for longer 2-3 months knows that variance was put in to keep GM involvement low. They're busy with other shit and don't need to hear our crap. The problem is that it doesn't in any way resemble EQ live raiding. People didn't need to track mobs, they tracked guilds. Here comes FoH to Seb -- guess who died?

If they take their hands off of us and let us play like the big boys we are then it'll settle itself. That's how it happened on every single live server. Forcing the raiding playerbase to behave by limiting who can grab targets and when by creating something that was never classic just so they can maintain a certain level of stability at the cost of shitting on the classic EQ raiding experience is unfair.

There was a reason the majority of the more successful guilds were college students and older people and not 14 year olds who had the most time on their hands. Right now, with the current rules + variance it boils down to: do you have endless hours to waste and/or are you willing to mass recruit? We've both been around long enough to know that's been the case for years now. I was hoping they'd wake up and realize that it has to change soon and kunark would do that, but they haven't and it's still the same ol' shit.