View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 11:21 AM
Aviak

1. Spell did not take hold is either because Hymn was also playing, and it won't stack with Hymn, or because someone(s) in the group had a full buff bar. You can have up to 15 buffs, and if you attempt to apply another, that's the message you get.
2. No
3. Bards don't benefit from their own mana song, or any mana regen enhancement, other than sitting; 2 mana per tick as opposed to 1 standing.
Pulsing simply refers to hitting the key every time you can, vs leaving it on auto pilot where it "ticks" every 6 seconds. The Chorus line is all pulse based; i.e., your group benefits more from pulse than simply letting it tick on auto pilot.
4. Selo's Consonant will not overwrite shammy slow. It's great to stop runners and to get aggro. If you DON'T want aggro, don't cast this until the mob is about to flee.
5. The last mez cast is the one that wins, and cancels previous mezzes. So if you mez a mob after a chanter has, it's going to break soon, unless you keep refreshing or the chanter re-mezzes. If a mob is hitting your chanter, feel free to mez it, but be sure the chanter knows, either because you've discussed in advance, or you have a macro that let's the group know you've mezzed a mob.
6. Nah....wind instrument does exactly nothing for mez, at least that I've seen.
7. Level up all instrument skills so you don't have to worry :>
8. Charms are fairly consistent in duration; I suspect level affects charm much more than charisma. The instrument, again, has no discernible effect. My charisma has fluctuated between 120 and 170, and I don't go to great lengths to buff it. I don't believe it has a sizeable effect on charm.
9. No discernible effect on fizzles.