View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Complete noob, but does update mean next download? Or are there regular server side updates?

(I've been soloing in an area that would love a 7 min lull...)
Generally speaking the staff releases server-side fixes that require client updates in tandem with fixes that don't. In other words, usually yes, you'll have to wait for the next downloadable patch file to appear before this will be in the game.

But since this fix could be made without changing anyone's client, in theory it could happen sooner ... I just wouldn't expect it. You have to keep in mind that for developers every "release" has a cost, so they generally don't make unnecessary releases unless there is a pressing reason (and since this has gone unfixed for ten years, it's sort of the opposite of "pressing").

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.