View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 04:37 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Trying to install via this method on Ubuntu. I have done everything including copying the old Windows install over to the Ubu desktop, then placing into the Gordtulloch pre-compile. Made it the winecfg. Now I'm at the stage of making the link but am hitting problems as your method doesn't go into much detail - like you, I'm fed up with Windows and have deleted it! Totally new to this (I like the look of it but haven't got my head around Objective C and this is all Matrix numbers at the moment)!

So, to recap...

Folders
Desktop/ wine/ wine-1.2eq
Desktop/ wine/ ClassEQ

What would the shortcut link have to say so it doesn't patch?

Secondly, I tried playing sound (I could hear it fine) but found some error messages - any clues as to what I do? thanks in advance for being a complete godsend to a (N)ubunto...

fixme:system:SetProcessDPIAware stub!
fixme:dwmapi[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]wmIsCompositionEnabled 0x33cfdc
fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0x3fde8d8, overlapped 0x3fde8e0): stub
wine: configuration in '/home/ian/.wine' has been updated.
fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on HP Deluxe Webcam KQ246AA, disabling mixer
fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on HDA ATI HDMI, disabling mixer
fixme:msg[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]ack_message msg 14 (WM_ERASEBKGND) not supported yet
fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on HP Deluxe Webcam KQ246AA, disabling mixer
fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on HDA ATI HDMI, disabling mixer
fixme:msg[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]ack_message msg 14 (WM_ERASEBKGND) not supported yet

As an aside, if I wanted to play EQ Seeds of Destruction, would that mean I need to compile ANOTHER version of WINE?

Thanks again,

Munuc