View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 03:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenpromise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you say there are way more things necro can solo, is that because the mob would just tear through the mage pet too fast to reasonably be kept up with? Is that the only reason, or is there other factors?

Bear with me, for I am noob
Basically, if you're unsure about going mage or necro, go necro.

Necro is simply immensely more powerful (I played both to 60).

Mage is a simpler class to play at lower levels because you get a beefier pet and can just send him in and wait for him to kill a mob. This quickly stops working as you level up, and the mobs' strength scales faster than your pets'.

As the mobs start winning, you'll realize that you have very few tools to help you to continue to win the fights.

The worst thing is that the best (by far) mage pet is their epic quest reward, which is absurdly difficult to obtain, pretty much impossible if you're a casual player.

The necro, on the other hand, gets a million tools that allow him to help his pet, or even kill without a pet, or charm really strong pets. At the highest levels, many necros don't summon pets often at all, because they don't need it. They are strong enough without them, and can charm to become even stronger.

Necro's power doesn't depend on a huge bottleneck such as an epic quest. Their epic quest is reasonably challenging but doable and a necro can do without it just as fine.

So yeah, go necro, thank me later. If you want most efficiency, go iksar (you'll regen mana faster). If you want to be a little more unique (most necros are iksar), pick another race. For extra uniqueness points, go human (worst necro race).