View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 03:03 PM
Fire Giant

I did some light testing yesterday + day before

My weapons:

Abashi's - 2hb

Fist of Nature / Fist of Lightning - 1hb's

First of all, 2h damage is SO much better now. As to be expected. I used to hit for 29 damage with my Abashi alllll the time. The lowest i've seen it post patch is maybe in the 50s? On green mobs in the overthere, i avg'd between 80 dps - 200 dps. Avg was probably 130-140. Testing it out on blues in sebilis (NG bugs+Friends), it does seem to be a lot more powerful than FoN/FoL while soloing(Which was not the case pre patch). DPS seem to avg 110-130. Which is riight around where i avg'd with FoN/FoL pre-patch. Abashi pre patch could avg as low as 70dps, as hitting for 29 dmg/misses really can drag you down if the RNG gods were unkind. I absolutely hit for 200+ damage A LOT more.

Testing it out on ToV trash/Lord Vyemm... seems like 2hb is still straight garbage. Low hits. A lot of misses.

With FoN/FoL, i felt like i could immediately tell that I was hitting for lower damage each swing. On green trash in the OT, i was hitting for the 40's 50's a lot, where as i felt like I hit for 70s-80s consistently pre patch. The DPS meter also reflected that, as I wasn't doing insane DPS against these trash mobs unless my FoN was proccing. Interestingly, I seemed to be doing pretty damn good DPS against Lord Vyemm last night, as I was top 5 in DPS on my meter at 85 before I was eaten. (with FoN/FoL ... NOT Abashi)

In Conclusion, I think it's safe to assume that 2hb will be king for everything outside of raids.

Note: I was mostly unbuffed during these tests, and weren't really tests, moreso me dicking around with weapons. Also to note, unbuffed, my str is 232, and I have 2 AoB effects (Doze mask + dain belt) + Ring 10.
Last edited by Twochain; 09-10-2019 at 03:07 PM..