View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 03:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What spell to finish off the mobs really depends on their health. Sure it goes without saying, but always use the least mana possible. If you have to re-root in order to safely use Choke to finish off a mob it's probably better you just use Sanity Warp.

Color Flux has the smallest range, mobs basically have to be in melee range for it to hit them. Color Shift has a slightly larger range, but mobs still have to be close. It's not until you get Color Skew and really Color Slant that you really have to worry about hitting mobs you're not engaged with, unless you are standing right beside said mobs.

The AE range values as listed on Alla
Color Flux: 20
Color Shift: 25
Color Skew: 30
Color Slant: 35

Those values might not be exactly the same on P99, but I feel like the increases of 5 for each stun is accurate.

Minor Illusion faction got nerfed a long time ago. Unless you're a Dark Elf with hide in an area where no mobs see invis there's really no way to safely afk for long periods of time. Download GINA, make an audio trigger for mobs hitting you and for invis wearing off, then you can AFK and hear it from a distance if invis is dropping or you're getting your ass kicked.
Nice, I didn't know that the diff stuns had larger AE ranges. That explains some of mein kampf when it came to accurately predicting dank AE stuns on moving packs.

Triiz is right. GINA is the smartest thing for you if you want AFKs. As i leveled my ENC, I was super scared all the time and rarely went AFK, especially when you're soloing deep in dangerous dungeons (whichi s the only way to go if you're cool).

I also strongly prefer DD to finish off mobs. Going forward, your DoTs really suck even worse. And think about this... the DD may be less mana efficient, but if the mob is dead, then you really can sit there and med up without any threats. Sidenote: keep your lower level nukes easily accessible. As you go forward, you'll become skilled enough to quickly swap out cheaper nukes to finish the enemy's life.

If the DOT breaks your root on impact, or if root fades as you wait for mob to die, and you get hit by 1 round of combat, you're losing extremely valuable HP which is your most precious commodity as an ENC. Your only way of getting back HP is using the weak bonus regen from Troll Illusion and bandaids below 50%. Your priority, at all times, should be conserving HP at the expense of mana as a charm soloist.

If you're level 19 and already soloing in dungeons and asking these kind of questions, I am confident that you will do extremely well!

-Check out Najena for your early 20s.

-Sol A and HHK for your 25-30s is great.

-Festering hags in Unrest ~35 are awesome. Low HP and they will obliterate one another with nukes.

This is a good tip for a new enchanter. Caster pets are GREAT for charming. When they break, they will often stop to try and cast a spell which gives you a moment to stun and recharm.

Use your lowest level root all the way til you get the level 50 something Instill or w/e. Level 4 Mez is awesome and has a 33% chance (iirc) of memblurring your target. Even at level 55 i often run with level 4 mez and Root memmed...

Keep posting as you grow. Plenty of help to be found on this forum!