Thread: Staff Changes
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonderbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me preface this that I genuinely am responding in a spirit of constructive criticism in order to help you see our (the players) perspective.

When you say that you are 'pissed' that you found this from an external website and that no one notified you about it, I don't really think anyone thought you would care, and that the result of doing so would be a perma-ban. Consider the atmosphere players have been under for the past six months to a year.

Awakened was banned for two months (more? it was a really long time) which lead to its death. Shortly after that, Core was banned for another significant portion of time (2 months? 3?). I watched as related forum accounts were banned for negligible reasons, like expressing opinions or frustrations over decisions made - not 'bashing staff'.

I'm a part of neither party above, but I can tell you that this sort of thing creates fear. Even players who 'should have nothing to fear' are afraid of saying GM's names because the heavy handed approach has made you into boogeymen - even though a majority of us have no beef with GM's and appreciate you. We're afraid of getting years of playtime and effort erased in a sweeping ban because someone 'bashed the staff'.

When GM's are set up precedent to be de-facto infallible, you can't blame us (all players) for being afraid to bring even a legitimate criticism of a staff member, especially with such a Senior Guide who has done so much and who has invested so much time into this server. I hope that you can see from our (or maybe just primarily my) perspective that keeping our accounts are more important to us than a GM bending the rules a bit.

btw hi Llandris <3
Unfortunately I also agree with this. I watched alot of things on the forums disappear as well as people up and dropped for simply voicing their opinions, in a place where other people were doing the same.

So I can see why people would be very miffed to not openly post the Dramaganda Manifesto on these forums, as censorship is a big thing here.

btw Hi Menden

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter