View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good point, Im curious to see how I like the twitch aspect of combat. I like how much it feels like EQ melee combat, but a bit more physical... Like I think face tanking is the way to go and relying on stats for the tanky melee builds, but you can dodge and weave if you want, which adds some fun and lets you beat harder enemies I guess if you're very good.

It reminds me of playing melee PVP in EQ, but it definitely feels better actually hitting each other in outward than trying to just get your invisible hitboxes to in eq.. but that said, I wouldn't want that to be the core way to interact with melee PVE in EQ so I was wondering if it would get old.
its honestly a great concept. it's just I died so many times because the game expected me to respond to something (that I did!) but the client or game was way too laggy to respond correctly. if you're going to expect the player to respond quickly youve gotta have the game respond as well. so many times I was waiting on the game to respond.

still a good game. im hoping they update the combat to be a bit more fluid and responsive. tbh its the closest thing to an EQ rpg ive played in a while. lots of good about the game if you can get over the clunky combat. I just couldnt get passed it.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch