View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henlolizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for that perspective, Shamwowi. I suppose my issue with JBB's utility at higher levels is that I can't find too many camps that facilitate this JBB spamming that don't also require splitting a group of high HP mobs that need 2 full minutes of JBB and pet gnawing on their ankles each. After slows and roots, I don't really have mana left for DoTs. I guess the Fungi staff might help in that regard, though I'd still need to figure out how to kill Black Dire for the boots. For instance, I'm thinking of CoM ramparts as one leveling path that might open up to me with epic that I definitely can't split with my current setup. But I certainly take your point that Torpor is the ultimate game changer, but with my current play time availability, it might take me a seriously long time to get to 60.
My leveling path was as follows:

South Kaladim Guards to 54 or 55. You need to learn the pathers, since you can get more than one guard if you are not careful, but it is good xp and money.

The two level 50 giants under Frontier Mountains giant fort from 55 to 56 or 57. They are on a 6 min timer, and do not agro each other. Only downside is they don't drop anything.

I haven't tried PoM Rat Maze at 55, but you might even be able to do that from 55-60. This is the best place to level hands down when going to 60. As I said, I was able to get 1 blue per hour solo at level 59. I couldn't find any camp that was better.

The best alternate spot is the Ogre/Troll trainers in Neriak Foreign Quarter. I was getting something like 3 blues per 5 hours there. Not as good as PoM Rat Maze, but it was the second best camp I could find.

Fungi Staff is a great leveling tool. It is basically a Flowing Thought 2 item for Shamans. You save 1200 mana per hour by not casting Regrowth for 300 mana every 15 minutes. You should get the Black Fur Boots, however, since you can instantly switch from regen to run speed. Black Dire is easy, just get a few high level friends together. You need 1 group max, and can do it with less if people are good.