Thread: Miscellaneous: Tradeskill: Fish Oil Recipe Broken
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

Mr. David Johnson,

It will help your case if you post links from the wayback machine (archive.org) of the appropriate website. Posting the current days page does little for your case.

Here is a link from EQTraders for the fish oil (NOTE to dev's: recipe does not show in list until 8/1/2001, the previous 6/11/2001 date does not have the recipe listed):
https://web.archive.org/web/20010801...es_brewing.htm

Quote:
fish oil: fish egg, water (trivial 68)
(not drinkable, no bottle needed on combine (just direct in barrel). Yield = 1)

The fish oil comes with a note that says:
Quote:
Other than the drake egg oil (for velium leathers), we do not know the use for these oils yet. Discussion and experimentation will continue on the message boards
I searched for the Leather recipes but could NOT find anything in era. It is quite possible they were added at the time as the Fish Oil since the use for Fish Oil was not discovered. It is also possible the recipe's on Leather were not added until much, much later to fill some tradeskill gaps (which seems to be the case without evidence to support it otherwise).

I suggest asking Sorn of P99 about the Leather recipe's as he's the local tradeskill guru and probably knows where to search best.

In conclusion:
-Fish Oil should be added as a Brewing recipe with at least a 8/1/2001 timeline date (or 3/14/2001 per the below, your call).
-Leather tailoring recipes that use Fish Oil should NOT be added in unless evidence is discovered to the contrary.

EDIT:
Cross referenced patch notes, best I could find was a potential date of 3/14/2001:
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010314.html
Quote:
- There are a ton of new recipies for trade skill users out there.
Check your books.
The reference of 'check your books' makes it seem even more unlikely that Leather recipe was implemented as Tradeskill enthusiasts would have easily been able to find the recipe that way in my opinion.
Last edited by Rygar; 10-16-2017 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: Patch notes added