Thread: Min/Max
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Focus of Spirit cost 500 mana per cast (minus a tiny bit if you specialize Alteration)

You'll want those starting points in wisdom. Then you can focus more into sta/hp gear.
It boggles my mind that people don't understand this.

Let's say you pump 6 starting points into STA instead of WIS because you think, "I can just wear a +6 WIS ring and have the same amount of mana, plus more HP from the extra Stamina."

Sure. You'll end up with like 18 extra HP at level 60. Meanwhile, I'll be wearing my Djarn's ring that gives me +80 HP.

It's about trade offs and opportunity cost. You ALWAYS come out ahead pumping your primary stat at creation, because then you have more flexibility to wear very nice pieces of gear that DON'T have your primary stat (mostly HP and resist gear, few of which pieces also have great primary stats until deep into Velious).

People thinking they are somehow figuring out a new primary stat meta this deep into the game are deluding themselves. It's a primary stat for a reason. Stop overthinking it and shooting yourself in the foot in the process.