View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 01:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not criticizing, just legitimately curious, is there any reason for a non-raid group to bring a bard over an enchanter?

Never played a bard before, kind of want to make one as an alt, but I don't want to end up in another depressing situation where some other class drastically outshines me in every single one of my non-raid roles. I already have a ranger.

I know from personal experience most of the time when I group with a bard I'm thinking "Man, I wish we had an enchanter instead", but the bards are usually shit and just afk playing manasong
Bards can be more effective pullers than monks in most situations.
We have the highest DS in the game (stacks with mage & druid too).
Our mana regeneration stacks with enchanter mana regen.
Most of the stats (including +ATK) stacks with enchanter buffs.
We have great CC, especially if we have a little bit of room to move.
If a bard is actually instrument swapping for PBAE songs we can get pretty decent damage rolling as well.

[Mon Feb 04 02:21:52 2019] a phase spider has taken 45 damage from your Denon`s Disruptive Discord.
[Mon Feb 04 02:21:52 2019] a phase spider has taken 75 damage from your Denon`s Bereavement.
[Mon Feb 04 02:21:52 2019] a phase spider has taken 53 damage from your Selo`s Chords of Cessation.
[Mon Feb 04 02:21:52 2019] a phase spider has taken 42 damage from your Chords of Dissonance.

Most of all, they're interesting to play. I have a couple other classes that I mess around with, but bard is the most fun for me.