View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookieson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the primary problem with changing the system is that everyone would actually get phat lewts since its easily obtainable with a 90+ man raid force if you had instances, rotations, etc. it would just be more people getting loot, not that anybody would actually struggle with clearing through and killing content.

If everyone got phat lewts, and there is no content added to the game ever presumably, than your change would result in a circle jerk of phat lewts to a bitter end of stagnation as everyone quickly achieved end game. In AMs defense, it truly would be the end of any novelty in being end game geared.

The only real benefit i see to rotations or instancing or rooting mobs is that we could actually raid again and do something more than look at your corner. Currently the only real skill happening in game is FTE and pullers(mostly pullers). The rest of us just sit there and watch netflix waiting. Thats not what raiding in everquest ever was. That still wouldnt solve the stagnation problem, though, and in fact would probably speed it up on an already inevitable track.

tl:dr If the devs are truly no longer interested adding content, thats pretty much all that needs to be said right?
This is one of my chief frustrations with trying to have this conversation: people (sometimes willfully, sometimes not) misunderstand, and jump to insane conclusions. Absolutely nothing about this is true:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookieson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
everyone would actually get phat lewts since its easily obtainable with a 90+ man raid force if you had instances, rotations, etc. it would just be more people getting loot, not that anybody would actually struggle with clearing through and killing content.
No, it's not easy to get a 90+ man force! It's incredibly difficult, and there's a reason we only have one on the server!

Plus, even with rotations it's absolutely not true that everyone would be getting loot. Rotations don't magically make more dragons and pixels: all they do is change the distribution. Instead of (say) 80% of Dragon X's loot going to guild A, and 10% to guilds B and C, 10% would go to each of guilds A-J ... but still, only IF they can even kill Dragon X.

Which leads me to the most important point: the entire point of the game we're all supposed to be playing is that it's a challenge to organize a group of people to kill a dragon. The top guilds regularly taunt each other for screwing up and wiping to "easy" dragons with a hundred people. The actual challenge of the game itself has to be overcome and that is not easy.

So let's talk about the reality, not fantasy (ironic I know). If rotations happened everyone would not be walking around in BiS gear. Every player on the server would not be checking Yelinak off their bucket list. Only the guilds big enough (or in big enough alliances) and capable enough at actually slaying dragons would have some few members with epic dragon loot. But those dragon loots, and the hours of raid experience in killing those dragons, would be spread out (yes, shared!) between a much larger number of guilds and players.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.