Thread: New player
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 10:06 AM
Skeleton

Default New player

hello there

Like all of us here I used to play EQ back in the days, and I still feel the urge to play it from time to time. I had a great time a few years back on the officials TLP (/wave to anyone that played with Darkwind on RageFire) but this is not quite the original experience.

So I'm back on P99, and i'm trying to find my pace.

I rolled a rogue like I used to play in 00', but I wanted to show my GF what it's all about. She's not a gamer (but trying a little bit of everything) and I figured that original EQ was the perfect balance of easy mechanics for her and challenge to keep us interested in the long run. She chose to roll a DE Necro, so i'm wondering what to play with her.

I can think of a lot of different combination, and I kinda like the idea of a Druid. I could roll a human druid in FP to play with her, and if i'm not mistaken nec and dru are two of the strongest soloer in the game which could help us playing by ourselves. Druid will also bring ports, will be wanted in the endgame if I ever get to that point (that raid buff in velious is still a thing right?) and will also be a superb PLer if we want to try other stuff.

Any other suggestion for a duo with a necromancer?