View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 09:43 AM
Fire Giant

Default Seriously fucking traks teeth jesus christ.

So I've posted before about wanting to do forager cycle with my bro, generally got told we were under levelled.

I got more levels and some more gear.

We tried the night before last and got owned.
56 warr and 45 bard. The skeltons dot's are fucking insane, embarrising that they are light blue and two of them with pets killed us. Never had problems with them on previous attempts which is weird, think there were less of them up.

There's basically three big problems here which again, have been discussed on the forum before.

1. Casters are broken on P99 they have their full spellbook rather than a few levels below their levels like normal.
2. Pathing is different.
3. The frogs attack every animal completly wiping them out.

Now yes token acknowledgment "this is a free game run by volunteers" but they did an entire other expansion before fixing this zone, I'm not questioning their work ethic or asking them to work more, just questioning the order of priorities.

The other reason they haven't changed it is they are reluctant to change things without smoking gun proof. But it's hard to prove the absence of somthing.

No one would have talked about frogs killing raptors if they didn't do it....

Also because casters are OP and roaming is broken, they wipe them out more easily.

There are basically no animals in TT and this is 100% NOT classic. So this is a total justifaction for doing ANYTHING that does the whole "not classic change to maintain the classic environment" which they are reluctant to do generally but something is needed here.

Because they wipe out all the other animals the place is filled with overpowered frogs, making it impossible for anything but max level chars to have any luck it's maddening.

INB4 get gud, yeah we got killed 3 times and I'm salty but this zone is fucked and I'm sick of it.

Some questions:

1. does anyone know what frogloks of kunark start out on faction wise?
a)Can the faction neck clicky bring you to dubious?
b)Can enchanters or bards get to dubious?
c) can neck and bards get to dubious?
2. Has anyone tried doing forager cycle with a non kos to frogs character? That seems a game breaking thing no one might have tried. Ironically working even better in this zone if it's all frogs.

2. Does anyone know the optimum spot in zone as a base, to do forager cycle?

3. Is every mob a PH for everything else? is it possible to have clear the zone of frogloks gradually and replace them with animals/the fallen iksars/weakest warrior frogs? Please spill your forager cycle secrets to me.
Last edited by Tobius; 05-08-2020 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: I tried to edit the swears out of the header in case that's not allowed outside R&F but you can't edit thread titles it seems