Thread: Server accuracy
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is because there is no proxy aggro bonus on this server from my experience.

Mobs tended to be sticky. The closer you are to them, specifically in Melee range vs out of Melee range, the more Hate they should have.

This is easily testable on Live and explains why swarm kiting works and worked back in classic. When your pet was in Melee range of the pack and you were far away, the proxy aggro +Hate bonus your pet gets from being in Melee range will trump the body aggro you got.

Belly casters should also generate 0 aggro on spells cast outside of their belly range unless you are using unresistable spells that will land.
Not sure why I thought of this now, but have the hate list mechanics been tested on P99 to verify accuracy?

Dumping a mallet into a mob with 100% HP should almost generate no hate (I believe full spell agro only factored in when mob was in summoning mode).

Also, hate should decay. If you have established 20,000 points of hate on a hate list, you shouldn't be able to turn auto-attack off and wait for someone to get to 20,001 points. High level mobs should have hate decay more rapidly than lower level mobs. I don't know the exact formula for this, and not sure if anyone really does, but hate decay was a confirmed feature from Brad.

Finally, if you are on a mob's hate list, but add no additional hate, you should drop off the hate list completely after like 5 minutes.

I never went through and tested, figured someone of your background would know.