Thread: Home Ownership
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am having a hard time understanding the housing market.

I often hear this one response when someone points out that millennials can't afford to buy one:

But.. Am I the only one that is like, wait we're at maximum occupancy here? There are more people than homes can be built? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Like...

Are we at a lack of supply because we could have many more houses than we have, but we just wont build them?

Or are we at a lack of supply because we're reaching maximum occupancy and no mater how you shake it, we're screwed?

I just seem to think that if we have more demand than we have supply of homes, that it's not a solvable solution.

Do we think that new towns are going to open up in Nebraska and that will solve the housing issue?

I just dont see how supply of homes being a problem can just be fixed. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None of those things. Like Topgunben has alluded to, local zoning laws and safety/environmental regulations have made it unprofitable to construct most non-luxury housing.

I'll shutup and let him talk, cya later.