View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 11:25 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP stop acting like you didn't know what was going on. It doesn't take a seasoned rule aficionado to know that you didn't handle this honestly. Anybody capable of deductive reasoning would have seen the IG you showed up at was dead, seen the other 2 had a player killing/sitting near them, and been 99% sure that the same guy was killing all 3.

From that point, regardless of how sure you were about who killed the IF less than 6 minutes ago, you had 2 options:

1)Reach out to him proactively and ask for 1 of the camps. If you wanted to cite the rules on what constitutes a camp AFTER he said no, you'd be in the right.

2)Kill the mob quickly when it pops and deal with the fallout while citing the rules.

You consciously opted for #2. You know it. Fragmented knew it. Everybody in this thread knows it. Any GM that showed up would have seen it and lectured you on the PNP because you didn't handle it honestly.
Look man, I just sat down and decided to take what I understood to be a separate camp knowing that other players need to commit to a single camp. I figured it would be no big deal and he would yield to me now that I was on it. There was no malicious anticipation of drama in my mind, I just lazily figured that because those are the rules, that is how it would go down. So as far as "everybody knowing it," read into that what you will. I've been forthright with how the entire situation went down to the best of my ability, including indicating that the mob was not there where I arrived.

The reason I brought it here was 1) he came off like an abrasive dick, 2) he tried to bully me off of what would rightfully be my camp, and 3) he claimed what he was killing constituted a single camp which was either an outright lie or, at best, greed fueled ignorance.

Now, also according to the consensus here, instead of sitting at the camp and assuming it was then mine because...the other was his, I should have talked it out. In hindsight, I agree 100% and I owe Fragmented an apology for my behavior. In the future I will make sure to address any camp concerns over contested mobs prior to just assuming "hey this is mine because that is yours." I mean this sincerely, and the next time I see Fragmented I will apologize.