View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 07:04 PM
Kobold

Post At least Mammoth hide parchment is waterproof...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkashicRecord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
~~~
July 7th, 3104, approximately 2:10am...

Here's to the second attempt at page two...this time on some mammoth hide parchment. (Guard Colin spilled a quarter bottle of Kalish all over the other one, and it's almost unreadable.)

I sort of got stuck pulling an "unofficial" graveyard shift here at the Toll Booth, partly because these two here are completely wasted. You see, I broke out the rest of that bottle of Kalish that I'd shared with Krak the other night...so now these two are passed out, and I'm here just waiting for sunrise...

Earlier:

"You spit in this?" Colin quipped. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"No." [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(He takes a swig...)

"But a Gnoll probably did..." [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"?!?!" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(He spits out the drink.)

...I go on to explain how the sweetest Kalish is made by Gnolls, and part of that reason is because of their saliva affecting the fermentation process.

"...No shit?"

"Nope, just spit..." [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"Do they have jesters in Halas, or only when you're around?"

I fashion an ornate piece from my medicine bag and crumble some dried leaf into it, topped with a dusting of a fine tan-colored powder, and offer it to Valon:

"I call this one my 'Krak' pipe..." [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"Come again?"

"...He gave it to me; Krak Windchaser."

(After a short silence, everyone erupts into laughter.)

~~~