View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 05:13 PM
Sarnak

New forum signature! lol no worries.. I actually will be keeping my spine until I can snag an infestation from DN one of these lucky vilefang spawn days.

As for taunt, I would not recommend that because you always want to have it ready if you need to have a chance to snap something off of the cleric/robe class that might have a pop or unexpected mob come to camp. There is no need to have that unloaded if you are running back to camp..if you are really concerned about pulling with a proc going off, just kick the mob or stand right next to it...But that is also not recommended as I will go more into that next. Taunt only works in close proximity anyways, there was no "taunting" from across the room in classic eq, although there must be some distance number to how far it will actually work (I believe within melee distance but I am not 100% on it).

At the end of the day, you ideally want to hit the mob a few swings before its back at camp for this main reason: Building threat. If you just kick the mob and run back, you have a small percentage of threat because kick is not very high damage until stunning kick..even then its not a pulling mechanic. Taunt only puts you at the top of the hate-list anyways so a mob with 0 hate towards you just get aggroed and essentially, makes taunt pulling useless.

But for argument sake. If you only kick the mob and run back to camp, and announce your "INCOMING ASSIST ME!" message, your team is already standing up and prepping to cast their tash/slow/debuff etc. There is no way a kick attack will keep threat on you before it is fully at camp - the mob will run straight to whoever cast on it after the fact. To avoid this, spend an extra 1-2 seconds whacking the mob to at least 96-98 PCT so that by the time it does come back to camp, you have a higher chance of keeping that agro and building from it before the enchanter tashes it right at 99 percent health.
Last edited by kgallowaypa; 03-22-2017 at 05:18 PM..