View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotopes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In a strict duo shaman wins hands down, but as someone said add more players into your group and cleric is more preferable. The most sick trio for example is a charm class (not just enc, also necro,druid given there are undead or animals around), cleric + any class that can reasonably tank stuff. Hell even a well geared ranger will do the job.
Paladin + shaman still have a very low DPS, you need some DPS class to make a powerful trio.
Most powerful trio in my opinion would be - Paladin / Druid / Enchanter

SoW, ports, evac's, charm, mez, rez, off-heals for downtime, snare, tank. Damage is more than adequate if the enchanter can manage a charmed pet amidst CC, and druid damage line is effective.

That said, back in the actual classic day's me and two friends trio'd almost exclusively with a Ranger / Shaman / Enchanter. It was a very effective team, but the aforementioned trio I think is still more effective for the majority of content.

For a strict duo team, I would even say SK / Shaman is likely more effective than a Pally. Added benefits of snare/fear, and don't underestimate the SK damage differential with a weaponed-pet and DOTs. Also, feign death is much easier to split up a camp then the oft-resisted paladin lull line.