View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 03:00 PM
Orc

I've been riding since 2004. I rode a friends bike one day, got hooked. Signed up for the motorcycle safety course later that same day. Upon completion of the course, I was able to get my motorcycle endorsement on my license, and I bought my first bike that afternoon.

Enjoy the rush, sounds like you're hyped [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There's nothing wrong with a 250cc as your first bike, let Regular car reviews tell you why better than I could.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsX2rIZory0

I bought a Triumph Speed Triple 955cc as my first bike cause SPEEEED. If I had to do it all over again, I would have gone for way less power. 130+ MPH was effortless and stupid.

Now riding a V-Star 1100 custom. In a nutshell, its a cheaper and more reliable Harley.

All of the advice in this thread is good, I'll add a couple statements that I'm sure most riders have heard before:

1) Where you look is where you go. Always remember to look forward, past the turn, in the direction of travel. Don't look at that tree in the middle of the turn or the guard rail!

2) There are two types of riders, those that have fallen, and those that haven't fallen yet. Always wear your protective gear, even if you live in a state that doesn't require riders to wear a helmet.
Durber: 52 Rogue