View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 03:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by port9001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
100% agree with the above about not needing to be a twink to be a Warrior. This requirement of Warrior requiring proc weapons to hold aggro is far more about other people (read: groupmates) being lazy than the Warrior actually needing these tools.
I can see this being somewhat acceptable up until SHM/ENC begin using Slow. You will 100% lose aggro to a Slow spell and your ENC/SHM will die if you follow this strategy. You cannot Taunt aggro off fast enough to save them, either. If you want to follow this strategy and forego getting a proc weapon, group with another class that can rip aggro with certainty - Like a SHD - and then the WAR can rip off of them. But in that position you're better off being a DPS and letting the SHD tank.

Don't listen to detractors - you can tank all non-raid content as a Knight. In a standard 6 person group a SHD or PAL is an acceptable tank and can often hold aggro better than a WAR. I think SHD regen mana enough to be able to cast Disease Cloud even when they're running on fumes.

Unless you want to be the Main Assist for Raid level bosses a WAR is going to be a big investment in time and money. If that's your choice, god speed you sir. Find me in game and I'll hook you up with some banded armor to get you started.