View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

In Chardok for some reason my graphics card sometimes freezes when I slow and malo quickly. Old computer, older zone. I don’t know why. 200 people in ToV not an issue but I’m cursed farming crappy spawns in Dok.

So I torp and stand with my face away from the npc. Still doesn’t matter. My slow is probably interrupted a quarter of the time and if so I just cast again. I’ve had slow resist multiple times before even with malo. If you aren’t able to survive a few combat rounds it’s probably not worth killing.

FSI is the biggest misnomer anyways. You aren’t immunity to stun, you are immune to bashes. Even if you could back into a wall this would make you only better in 1/3rd of the rare interrupt scenarios. I could make up a reason why it really matters, justify my pick in race, I just can’t remember a time when a bash kept a torp or slow from landing and I died.

I CAN remember a lot of times a non-snared alchemist walked off and trained me dead though. Is the snare neck a game changer? No, paying attention, stacking poison dots and having immobilize up would have fixed that.

It’s an easy class. Don’t overthink it. The main difference between what people kill and what they don’t kill is having the tools and the gag reflex to canni for half an hour. There is skill but let’s not conflate things…it’s not a tough class to play. It’s ok to like simple classes, I enjoy my paladin and mage too.

PS: a fungi is still like ft7. It’s free mana. It’s not the “best” choice but it’s not a bad one.
Last edited by Snaggles; 01-23-2023 at 03:01 PM..