View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

I never got very high in live EQ, though I played it a lot, so my main experience of rolling for loot was in WoW, where it's need before greed by default. Of course, it also makes more sense in WoW, since most of the unique dungeon loot there binds upon pickup. So you don't have the question of whether to sell the item later most of the time.

Coming from this mentality, I've been in favor of need before greed here. However, there are good points against it. I think ultimately I'd go need before greed on loot less than 1kpp, and greed on loot more than 1kpp. The fungi tunic arguments are good - that the casters wouldn't have reason to go to the camp, or that they would be able to buy themselves spells and whatnot. With friends or guildies I think I'd still go need before greed, even with expensive loot.

Also, I've never heard of people rolling need and then selling the item on EC. I guess it's gotta happen, but I don't think it's the epidemic people are making it out to be.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!