View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 04:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I must explain that I cannot tank because I suck at dungeons and I also suck at pulling. I'm only talking about playing them for fun factor not looking to tank,pull or anything like that for groups and I may solo mostly because I think people's expectation of my non existent skills might get me scolded. I will explain I am an awful melee player which is why I always play healers. I do however enjoy playing different classes for flavour and fun. I am not looking to take this class and tank or play at the top.
you've apparently never made it past 10, give yourself a chance to learn.
for a SK to simply tank, if you remove all the fluff that would make you a good tank, you can just get near the mob, auto-attack, cast disease cloud on it and then mash Taunt everytime it pops and that should honestly work 95% of the time until level 30 when you get FD and camps get more difficult. As far as "expectations" go.

On the other hand for the monk, people will expect you to pull from level 17 and over. Because you have the cheezy version of Feign Death and it's your official role, but also because most EQ players are lazy and pulling is the most 'active' role in a group hehe.

if you're really settled on the SK vs Monk dilemna and skill is an issue, I would pick the SK, get it to level 20 as Loramin says, and then we'll talk again ^^

PS: it is possible to do 1-60 solo with any class naked if you want to fight only super safe low green mobs and level up extreeeemely slowly. I'm not so sure it is a very fun version of Everquest tho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] but that's up to you to decide hehe.