View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 09:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilkorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mods help with; hp regen, atk mod, damage shield mod, snare speed, direct damage, resists.

So grouping you might only swap during down time to help with hp regen and just use un modded melee songs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did clock an epic bard with ToV weapon and 41% worn haste at 40-45 dps melee dps. That’s not too bad but still half what you might expect from any other comparably geared melee dps.
Everyone always lambasts bard DPS without quantifying it, but I find bards do around 50% of what you'd expect a similarly geared warrior might do (feel free to provide proof otherwise).

While grouping, the choice of whether to melee or not comes down to: is an extra 1/2 warrior DPS + an un-modded/singing rotation more valuable than a solely modded song rotation to your group? This of course, always depends on context (e.g. group make up, level, gear, mobs, etc.).

I find this nuance is always lost in these threads, as everyone pushes their own dogma.