View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efwan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP: the apocalypse is upon us, go now! Get to your doomsday bunker and stay there until it's all clear or until you die, whichever comes first!

Idiot.
Hmm? Oh yeah, war could never happen. Obviously no one would ever start a war for any reason at all. Just peace forever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You're posting about the apocalypse. Which thread were you reading, because it aint this one. If you are gong to troll, you could at least troll on the topic.

Thread isn't even about actual war scenarios etc other than the visible buildup and global posturing as is plainly being seen here, with source links included.

I do like discussing actual scenarios though (though not in this forum), even from my old days of table top war gaming to my tactical war sims of today, have always had an interest in the topic, have studied quite a bit. But if I were to guess at it, if there were to be some war escalation from this point, it wouldn't be until next year at the earliest. I mean, the magnitude of the logistical scale of this is rather overwhelming. This is a huge amount of arms and personnel being moved. Even just Europe alone, if you read the article, it couldn't be completed within a six month window.

And for "apocalypse" that's just silly. You're still reading those 60's radicals inspired stories circulating. Modern tactics are about conquest, resources and farmlands, not cheesy annihilation talk to scare you out of clean and efficient nuclear power plants as they used it for. heh note our decaying and failing plants now, it was successful, sadly.