View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 10:07 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zentile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You probably need some sort of drop down box/selector to pick 1hb vs. 1hs vs. 1hb so it looks-up the right column in the "Skills Chart" tab. Doesn't really matter that much, but Infestation is 1hp and used by many warriors on this server.
I originally intended to figure out how to use the weapon skill differences like this, but I've decided that the impacts of weapon skills are bucketed into the complicated character level vs. NPC level difference problem.

My understanding from reading around old posts is that Weapon Skill dictates Chance to Hit - and obviously this is a function of Character level (and skill) vs. NPC level (and AC). Note that the "ATK" rating of a character is an ensemble of two things: (1) chance to hit and (2) the damage distribution of a given hit. Changing Strength varies the ATK value and so does wielding weapons of which the character has different skills.

For example I'd bet that a level 60 warrior with 240 skilled 1HP or a 250 skilled 1HS won't see any chance to hit or DPS difference against a level 35 NPC, but I suspect he does against a level 65 NPC. That lumps the weapon skill impact into my broader caveat:

Quote:
Obviously this all scales with NPC level (and AC) vs. Character level - but I would assume it does so linearly, making a higher DPS combination according to my model always the higher DPS combination.