View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Brut, what's your take on sword and board?

I rolled an Ogre SK, currently lv 22, got him a Combine 2H to start, then got a SBH. Then a PSD fell into my hands for cheap - slightly better damage output than the SBH and I get another 23 AC from the shield, so I'm rocking that. Now at some point a nice 2H is going to fall my way, I mean the Reaver is like a no brainer, but I was just wondering about group tanking and whether a faster swinging weapon and that extra AC might be better than more damage. My DPS is never going to be king and if I'm tanking that AC can come in handy for the healers. Not sure. I guess the extra DPS will take down the mob faster preventing damage that way, but if we're chain pulling the damage taken stays constant.
Classic era best ratio 1h weapon an SK can even get is SSOY? And SK's don't get dual wield, so.

Pretty much what Danth said outside that. At this point of the game the group DPS isn't that outrageous when rogues are rocking 7dmg pokers, the SK does count. I guess you can make an argument about it if the group is really blowing up mobs that fast, but if they are, you aren't taking much damage then either?