View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaeophi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No Autoclickers!! But you can have gina that will let you know when that mob with the huge spawn variance actually pops and it'll let you know from across the room or wake you up if youre in bed sleeping.
Yeah...this is where I was going with some of my comments. The standby rule from p99 has been simple: Gina, Gamparse, even a map overlay is all okay because "all they do is read your log file" --- easy to understand, easy to know if you are in compliance. good.

autoclicker (razor programmable mouse macro for example) to forage afk or hit kick/backstab for you is against the rules.

Tell me though, which is more game changing/breaking...setting a gina parse macro to tell you a mob is gating or to tell you exactly how many seconds you have left on your mez spell without any effort or someone running a simple click macro to auto kick?

I'm not saying p99 has it wrong, I'm saying I honestly don't know how to completely defend the rule when the allowable 3rd party software is so powerful/useful.

I'm also uncomfortable (when I can't even completely defend the rule) white knighting and saying that playing the game "according to the rules" arbitrarily set is somehow morally superior. The guy using auto backstab isn't an immoral cheater to me that deserves to be banned for the good of the project/community.

I play by the rules because I don't want to get banned and because I respect the people who made them, but I can't go so far as to look down my nose on someone for "playing wrong" morally for running a programmable keyboard to do simple stuff especially when not afk.